One or two clicks of the mouse and my blog you have reached. I LOVE officiating weddings and playing a unique role in one of the most important days of people's lives. And I LOVE getting to know cool couples.

I hope you will take a moment and not click away from my blog, but instead add a comment or a thought. This blog is about weddings I have done, the great couples I have met, awesome vendors, many of whom have become friends, and the industry itself. And yeah, a bit about life along the way too.

Cheers!
Bethel

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Making Your Wedding Your Own!

Did you hear about these recent weddings?

Wedding bells on Aisle 1

Lawfully wedded ogres

While these would both have been so much fun to officiate - and I've been dying to have someone ask me to do the "Princess Bride" wedding ceremony (even just the intro of "Mawwage...") for them - you don't have to go to this extreme to make your wedding your own!

There are so many small (or big) ways to customize it, making it fit your unique relationship, while still giving the ceremony the respect and sacredness it deserves.

Custom vows, readings, inviting others to take part in the ceremony in some way, extra ceremonies, special colors or attire...

Or even just in the program.  Those who know me well know that I am a huge baseball fan (specifically for the Padres).  Well, our wedding program was called the "Game Day Program," the order of the processional was called the "Lineup Card," we had "Pre-Game Thanks" messages, as well as the "Game Time Schedule" giving our guests the plan for the celebration - and the picture of us on it was taken at Spring Training earlier that year, decked out in Padres attire.  Yes, this husband of mine, not a sports fan in the slightest, really loves me and thought this would be a fun idea... 

Yet, the ceremony itself was largely a traditional one, allowing our personalities and relationship to come out through love letters we wrote to each other only weeks before, read to everyone as part of the ceremony.

If you are working with me, together we can figure out ways to make the ceremony your own.  If not, think about what is meaningful to you, to your relationship, and how that can be brought into the ceremony.  Don't hesitate to be creative!

Cheers, Bethel


No comments:

Post a Comment