One or two clicks of the mouse and my blog you have reached. I LOVE officiating weddings and playing a unique role in one of the most important days of people's lives. And I LOVE getting to know cool couples.

I hope you will take a moment and not click away from my blog, but instead add a comment or a thought. This blog is about weddings I have done, the great couples I have met, awesome vendors, many of whom have become friends, and the industry itself. And yeah, a bit about life along the way too.

Cheers!
Bethel

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Aivi & Sven - Ponte Winery, Temecula

I am going to hop around between weddings in 2010 and in 2009 to showcase some of the great couples and neat weddings I've been lucky enough to be involved with.

Aivi and Sven contacted me only two weeks before their wedding, through the terrific Jennifer Molloy of Amore Events.  But we were still able to work together to create a custom ceremony in the 10 days between meeting and wedding!  They are such a loving couple, and that clearly came through!

They planned a very small and intimate wedding at the beautiful Ponte Winery in Temecula.  The ceremony was out on the lawn, with a gorgeous view of the vines and the nearby hills (see picture below), and the dinner was in the barrel room afterward - such a neat and rare experience, to eat a meal in a barrel room!

For their ceremony, they wrote their own beautiful vows - as Aivi put it, "we aren't ones for big airy words - it feels the best to write our own as we can say what we really mean,"  - they were so meaningful and so real.  Everyone loved them!  They chose three neat and different readings, from different cultures and traditions - appropriate since they both were born and raised, and have lived, in multiple countries around the world.  And, since it was such a small group, they loved my suggestion for a ring warming ceremony, which meant so much to all there.

Thanks, Aivi and Sven, for making me a part of something so beautiful!




For me, it's all about making your wedding your own...

Cheers,
Bethel

** Pictures by Jessica Ruvulcaba **

No comments:

Post a Comment